Habit Anchors & Tips
Yoga Nidra is best experienced just before bedtime and can aid a restful, nourishing and deep sleep. Vanessa’s calming voice will help you drift off in no time. Simply click on the link above, listen with awareness, drift off into dreamland.
You can also practice this if you are feeling anxious, stressed or need to feel more relaxed and centered. Practice anytime of day and give yourself permission to enjoy a power nap.
Here’s a breath exercise you can also try which can help you drift off:
Breathe IN through the NOSE deeply allowing the belly to rise.
Breathe OUT through the MOUTH.
Breathe IN through the MOUTH
Breathe OUT through the NOSE
Continue doing this for a few minutes. If the mind wanders, bring it back to the breath. You should drift off after a few minutes.
Fun Sleep Facts:
- Sea Otters hold hands when they sleep so they don’t drift away from each other.
- Humans are the only mammals that willingly delay sleep.
- English Bulldogs are the only canines known to suffer from sleep apnea, a breathing disorder. Their unusual airway anatomy (short snouts) is likely the reason.
- The average person has 4 – 6 dreams per evening, but most people can’t recall up to 99 percent of them.
- Snoozing can improve your memory.
- Humans can sleep with their eyes open.
- Studies show, 12% people dream in black and white.